- About the package
- 2021/22 Planning Package
- Legislative timeframes for submission of 2019/20 DHB Statements of Performance Expectations
- COVID-19 Hospital Resources
- Well Child / Tamariki Ora Quality Improvement Framework
- System Level Measures Framework
- Regional hepatitis C guidance
- Long Term Conditions Outcome Framework
- Equity actions in the DHB Annual Plans
- Previous planning packages
Home / DHB planning / Previous planning packages / 2015/16 / Planning Guidelines / Regional Capital Plans Guidance
Regional Capital Plan Guidance 2015/16
Published September 2014
Good quality capital investment planning is critical for long-term health sector sustainability.
The National Health Board collects regional capital plans (RCP) separate to regional service plans. Regional service plans focus on individual service priority areas, while the RCP needs to cover all service needs for the next 10 years.
The objectives of regional capital planning are:
- long-term – DHB RCPs are to be informed by local and regional service planning and DHB facility assessments and asset management
- regions will engage early with the Capital Investment Committee (CIC) on the long-term capital intention planning process
- regions will prioritise capital intentions over 10 years
- DHBs have quality asset management planning.
This document is for regions to use as appropriate to assist in the development of their 2015/16 RCP.
Date of publication 29 September 2014
Ordering Information: Only soft copy available to download
Page last updated: 29 June 2015