- About the package
- 2021/22 Planning Package
- Legislative timeframes for submission of 2019/20 DHB Statements of Performance Expectations
- COVID-19 Hospital Resources
- Well Child / Tamariki Ora Quality Improvement Framework
- System Level Measures Framework
- Regional hepatitis C guidance
- Long Term Conditions Outcome Framework
- Equity actions in the DHB Annual Plans
- Previous planning packages
Rheumatic fever prevention plans
Guidance for the update of rheumatic fever prevention plans for the high incidence DHBs.
The North Island DHBs produced rheumatic fever prevention plans in October 2013. The South Island DHBs produced a regional plan in 2014. As specified in the guidance for the 2015/16 DHB Annual Plans, the high incidence DHBs (Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Capital & Coast, Counties Manukau, Hawke’s Bay, Hutt Valley, Lakes, Northland, Tairawhiti, Waikato and Waitemata) are expected to review and refresh their plans by October 2015.
The Ministry of Health’s Rheumatic Fever team has produced a guidance document outlining the Ministry’s expectations of the content of the updated plans. This document has been reviewed by the Minister’s Office.
Supplementary guidance has also been produced to provide high incidence DHBs with guidance on engaging with key stakeholders when refreshing their rheumatic fever prevention plans.
- 2015/16 Rheumatic Fever Prevention Plan Guidance (PDF, 590 KB)
- Supplementary Guidance - Stakeholder Engagement July 2015 (Docx, 17.5 KB)
The refreshed rheumatic fever prevention plans will be effective from 1 January 2016.
For any questions about the rheumatic fever prevention plans, DHBs can contact their regional Relationship Manager or Niki Stefanogiannis in the Ministry of Health Rheumatic Fever team by email ([email protected]) or phone (04) 816 4424.