- About the package
- 2017/18 Planning Package
- Better Public Services
- System Level Measures Framework
- Regional hepatitis C guidance
- Previous planning packages
Annual Plan Guidelines 2017/18
Released December 2016, updated July 2017
This document is for DHBs to use as appropriate to assist in the development of their 2017/18 annual plans including statements of performance expectations (SPEs).
The Guidelines are a reference document to enable DHBs to meet their minimum legislative and Ministerial obligations when drafting their annual plans. Please note that these Guidelines include references to additional guidance and resources that will be useful when developing annual plans, such as the Annual Planning Priorities 2017/18, which contains detailed guidance on the expectations for each planning priority.
Each DHB has a statutory responsibility to prepare:
- an Annual Plan for approval by the Minister of Health (Section 38 of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000) – providing accountability to the Minister of Health
- a Statement of Performance Expectations (Section 149C of the Crown Entities [CE]Act 2004 as amended by the Crown Entities Amendment Act 2013) – providing financial accountability to Parliament and the public annually
- a Statement of Intent (Section 139 of the CE Act) – providing accountability to Parliament and the public at least triennially.