- About the package
- 2019/20 Planning Package
- Legislative timeframes for submission of 2018/19 DHB Statements of Performance Expectations
- Well Child / Tamariki Ora Quality Improvement Framework
- System Level Measures Framework
- Regional hepatitis C guidance
- Long Term Conditions Outcome Framework
- Equity actions in the DHB Annual Plans
- Previous planning packages
Annual Plan Guidelines 2015/16
With Statement of Intent and Statement of Performance Expectations
Each DHB has a statutory responsibility to prepare:
- an Annual Plan for approval by the Minister of Health (Section 38 of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000) – providing accountability to the Minister of Health
- a Statement of Performance Expectations (Section 149C of the Crown Entities [CE] Act 2004 as amended by the Crown Entities Amendment Act 2013) – providing financial accountability to Parliament and the public annually
- a Statement of Intent (Section 139 of the CE Act) – providing accountability to Parliament and the public at least triennially.
In 2010 Cabinet determined that the above documents could be brought together into a single DHB Annual Plan with Statement of Intent (SOI) and Statement of Performance Expectations (SPE), to be known as the ‘Annual Plan’. The SOI needs to be prepared and tabled in Parliament every three years. However, the Minister of Health has requested that DHBs prepare new SOIs in 2015/16 (section 139A(1) of the CE Act).
This document is for DHB staff to use as appropriate to assist in the development of their 2015/16 Annual Plan including SOIs and SPEs.
The Annual Plan Guidelines are a reference document to enable DHBs to meet their minimum legislative and Ministerial obligations when drafting their Annual Plans. Please note that these Guidelines include references to additional guidance and resources that will be useful when developing Annual Plans.
Date of publication 03 February 2015
Ordering Information: Only soft copy available to download